Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Election Shmlection.


Dear Avid Bloggers,

                The election results are all in. It is official, there is a republican majority. Personally I find this to be fantastic news. I always talk about how the power of a government should come from the consent of the governed. I remember when I first introduced that radical idea four centuries before Locke did. When I talked about a government’s legitimacy and moral right to use state power is only justified and legal when derived from the people or society over which that power is exercised, no one really thought it would catch on. Today though, I am living here in America, and it’s a democracy, which is now run by people who believe that majority of the governments power should come from the people.

                I am glad that the republicans won, it comforts me knowing that the people in office share the same political ideals as me. They know their power comes from the people, something the democrats might not understand the way that the government should be run to satisfy the wants and needs of the people. The only thing that could improve my mood more is if we got a republican president in the white house.

                Hopefully the politicians that were voted into office keep their promises and live up to my standards as republicans. I would hate for them to make my ideas look bad to everyone else here in America. If all goes ideally like I talked of, the nation will be better than it ever has been. Happy people, no debt, strong government powered by the people, but that’s only if everything goes perfectly.

Life is feeling pretty sweet for me right now, knowing that without me, it is possible that the United States of America might not exist. Had I not first thought of it, and then Locke almost restating my ideas, the United States would have never had an idea of how to set up their government. This feeling is almost indescribable. I have never felt so significant in all of my life.



-The Blessed Duns Scotus

8 comments:

  1. You said that the democrats might not understand the way that the government should be run to satisfy the wants and needs of the people.. Are you upset with what Obama is doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are not the reason for america, god is. Swallow your pride

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are scotus' ideas about God that makes him want to be part of the republican party?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this post to be very funny, even if it was not meant to be. This shows what the people who truly believe everything they are told by the media. The Democrats could also support democracy and possibly have a better one than the Republicans. And these promises by the Republicans could not possibly be kept. I think the opinions represented on this post are extremely funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a minute, Duns Scotus wan't Republican... At least not after what I've looked over. Also, wouldn't he not like the laws and things that the new elected people were bringing, including right to bear arms and things like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scotus never really voiced that many political views, the only thing he said was "consent of the governed." I took a guess on which party he would have been with. I don't think any of us could say with certainty of which party he would belong to. but in the comment above, "wouldn't he not like the laws and things that the new elected people were bringing, including right to bear arms and things like that? " my guess would be yes, he would not like some of the new laws that are being brought into office. The right to bear arms is a good example, and he probably be against like that, just because of what they could be used for.

    -Justin Bowen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the name above, I could not post a comment as my name. I did do my research on Scotus

    -Justin Bowen

    ReplyDelete